10 November 2008

Huh???

yahoo...........................i finally got myself a new pair of specs yesterday. really happy about it although i got to fork out my own pocket money. nevermind, as long as i am happy. haha... you know what, my power increased by 50 on both sides respectively resulting in 575 on the right and 525 on the left. i wonder what will happen to me if concave lenses were never discovered by scientists or whoever that found it! i think i will have many bruises on my body because i can hardly see anything without my specs on. basically, three-quarter blind. sad to know the truth though. well, i tried contact lenses once and they didn't suit me. my eyes were so red and itchy after putting on the contact lenses. furthermore, i looked rather weird without my specs. so, i resolved to spectacles once more.. i can only collect my specs on this coming saturday but i am a very patient person so not much of a problem there. i spent about 2 hours making my choice at the optical shop. choosing and choosing. i finally settled for a a full-framed maroon coloured pair. the lenses are dead thick because of my 'high power'. so, it gave me a nerdier looks. anyway, i don't mind. i spent an extra 60 bucks to reduce the thickness of the lenses (multicoat or something like that). mum bought a pair of gorgeous Bonia sunglasses... she's really excited about it. believe it or not mum looked like a model with that sporty sunglasses on.. way to go mum!! next year i'm going to give the contact lenses another try.. wait.... i forgot something.. my astigmatism is the worst.. 125 on the left and 50 on the right. so, i can hardly draw a straight line or even identify a straight line.. but don't worry i am definitely 'straight'..lol...see, i've got such terrible eyesight. so, if i don't acknowledge any one of you on the streets, don't blame me, i can't see you!!! i am 3/4 blind and will probably be 4/4 blind when i go through the aging process later in my life... so sad, i will become old and cranky:(

Dearest seniors,
All the best!!!

*next year, it's my turn... so juniors, remember to wish me luck!

No comments: