16 November 2008

Memory Keeper's Daughter vs Konserto Terakhir


the memory keeper's daughter.
25% discount . Definitely worth buying right??
after a 25% discount it costs rm 25.50 compared to rm 33.95 before discount.
hopefully, it's a page turner.
i will savour every scene in that book.
i bought it because it is a US no.1 bestseller. sounds pathetic?? well, that's me.......
i will definitely narrate the story to my friends after i finish it.
friends, i hope you don't mind...:)
believe it or not....
i read konserto terakhir TWICE...
it's a nice book.. worth reading though..
an absolute karya besar from Abdullah Hussain..
shi yunn, i know you dislike bahasa melayu novels, but believe me this one is special..
it portrays how materialistic humans are these days.. even back in the seventies.
family relationship proved futile without cold hard cash..($$$$$)
however, the unconditional love of Hayati towards Hilmi is one of its kind.
pure and undying... and even everlasting..
sadly, Hayati is engaged to Mohsin,
even though she is in love with Hilmi.. .. thanks to her materialistic parents namely Datuk Johari and Datin Salmah..
even worse, Hayati is Hilmi's sister..
the worst, Hilmi died in the end..
terrible ending but UNIQUE because it is not the typical~ and they live happily ever after...
a page turner i would say because i finished it within a day compared to bukit kepong that took me at least three weeks..
Sememangnya sebuah intermeso di pentas hidup....
~ i agree ~
for those who wants to know the story without reading, feel free to ask for my assistance..
i am more than happy to narrate the whole story to you...
*terms and conditions applies..
have a nice day.. good luck for those who are facing their major exams (SPM and STPM)
a battle to be continued...
i believe life is a never ending battle..
so friends, get your weapons ready and let's move forward............
don't look back at the past ..
bak kata pepatah, JANGAN PANDANG BELAKANG........
just joking ......... after all, laughter is the best medicine.. right??
:)

2 comments:

Qubezo said...

Memory Keeper's Daugher? I think I saw that book before. Is it true that all the girls are craving for Twilight? I heard most of my friends are reading lol.

I'm waiting for the paperback version of Brisngr. The hardcover is so expensive. RM80 + omg. Me almost fainted lol. So right now I must only concentrate on Konserto Terakhir.

Sadly you oredy spoilt the ending. But good also I guess. At least I won't cry like crazy after the ending. :D I hope the storyline would be interesting as I must read it even if it's bad after all lol.

Siti Nadia Hasnan said...

ling wei!! lama sgt dah xjumpa.. miss u! sy selalu jumpa pavitra je..lain smua dah hilang..! =( wahh..dengar cerita semakin pandai skrg?? hehe