09 December 2008

docs

yesterday, i went to HTAR to visit one of my granduncles that was ill. truthfully, that was my first visit to a general hospital. my mum used to tell me that general hospitals are way different compared to private hospitals.. honestly, i was a bit nervous when i stepped into the hospital.. i really didn't know what to expect.. so, i just stay cool.. after all, i wanted to be a doctor..
anyway, what i saw wasn't as bad as what i expected.. although there are no air conditioners in the patients' ward, or rather the patients' hall, the atmosphere is pretty windy and not stuffy.. the hospital is quite clean and well maintained.. not considering the fact that there are millions of microorganisms around us which are invisible to our naked eyes..and hospitals are favourite breeding grounds for these microbes.. but i really do salute the doctors who work there.. they are so committed and dedicated to their duties.. running around the hospital 24/7 , helping people mend their broken limbs, remove tumours and the list goes on.... as a doctor in Malaysia, you will have to endure two years of housemanship if i have not mistaken... and many young trainees suffered from mental-illness during that period because they were required to be on-call up to 15 days in a month and sometimes working non-stop for 36 hours.. so, that freaks me out a little since i usually sleep like a log... my parents do not encourage me to be a doctor... anyway, i am not really into the profession but for the time being it is still my number one pick..:)

No comments: