20 November 2008

Bats??



yesterday, i went for my add maths class in Delta. Mr Low(my add maths teacher) gave us a lecture about planning ahead for our future. although it sounded kind of lame but i find the lecture to be true. he said that Chinese are a bit more stubborn compared to other races which i actually agree. considering how stubborn i am at times. he also advised us not to work during this school holidays as it will be tough next year. instead, he prefers us to revise all our form four syllabus during holidays. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. of course, holidays are always about rejuvenating your mind, body and soul as well as to sit back and relax after a year long struggle (only for those who struggled). for those who find it hard to accept the fact that you are not progressing, all i would say is that you have not done enough. i understand that sometimes no matter how much you try, all the effort seem to be futile. but i believe if you persevere, you will make it. i sincerely believe that everyone has their own talent, not necessarily in the academic field. perhaps in the future many of you will end up better than those who are now passing exams with flying colours. getting good results do not guarantee anything in the future but at least you tried. if you do not give yourself a chance, then perhaps you will end up regretting in the future. all i want to say here is that at times, it is hard for us to accept changes but if you do not keep up you will eventually drift away from this fast growing world. we do not know what is waiting for us ahead, all we need to do is to clear the obstacles and keep moving forward. making the first step is always the hardest but once you start the ball rolling, no one can stop you. believe me, the feeling of being successful is one of its kind and it is undefinable unless you experience it for yourself. so, go ahead and experience it for yourself. it's a life-time golden opportunity.

~don't be the bats as they are always afraid to face the bright morning sun. just like us, we should not be afraid of obstacles and hindrance instead we should make our way through.. it is always hard for us to step out from our present comfort zone but remember happiness do not last forever..if you are a bat, then think again and take a step forward.. i know i like to nag, but it's just me....:)

3 comments:

Qubezo said...

Whoa, superb. I love this post the most. I don't know why, I somehow think we got the same mentality. I think I'm a bat sometimes. I'm afraid of doing new things which will threaten my position. Sometimes that kind of feelings deprived my kindness. All the thing I know is to maintain my position without helping others. I know I'm being bad.

I think by shifting school, I'd gradually changed my attitude. I actually meet more smart people who are very kind to me. I think I'm more open minded now and I also started to realize studying is not all about getting good position.

Sir emphasized the importance of attitude towards our studies but to my perspective, I'd say; the importance of attitude towards our struggle to achieve our goals not to studies entirely.

To me live is about gaining knowledge, not through studies only, it's more than that. Like what you said getting good results doesn't guarantee anything in the future.

I couldn't agree more with you. We're supposed to rest during holidays not to stress out again like what happened throughout the year. Zzzz

P/S : I'm sorry for not saying bye. I was waiting for you to look at me then I planned to smile and say goodbye. Sadly you just left without looking :( I'm sorry kay.

KaiKumiko said...

I'm touched by his words too, you know?

He talk a lot, but there's something that he want to tell us indirectly, depend to self to realized it or not.

Yeah, bye~~~

(^__^)

Siti Nadia Hasnan said...

hello!
hehe..
sy pun harap dapat jumpa awk semua satu hari nnt..
dgn jia yee, cynthia, pavitra..
hmm..
anyway!
happy holidays too!
struggle for excellence for SPM 09'!!
XD
keep in touch, take care!