18 January 2009

back to square one

Hei everybody...
As predicted previously, I am now too busy to blog as I am back to my as busy as a bee lifestyle.. Everyday the routine repeats itself with Sundays as exceptions; getting up at the crack of dawn, I put on my prefects uniform, eat my breakfast and head to school. Once back from the school, it has to be tuition or homework for the rest of the day...and sometimes a boring stay back in school till 6pm in the evening for a so-called house practice for the upcoming cross-country event... As usual my priority is my academic performance in school. Hence, I withdrew from certain activities at the very beginning of the year to make up for my studies. Although co-curricular activities are imperative for us to be able to make it into universities, but academic excellence is still my priority.. Of course I don't mind staying back for house practice but what about the four hours co-curricular activity on Saturdays??? I attended the activities simply to mark my attendance but I sacrificed the whole of my Saturday mornings in school doing nothing but to proceed from one meeting place to the other in order to mark my attendance... Anyway, rules are made to be followed.. So, i will just stick to my miss goody-two-shoes title in the school...

Yesterday, we had a workshop for club leaders, secretaries and treasurers in school. So, instead of studying, we were asked to spend the entire day in the school hall. Atiqah and I were the emcees and I screwed up. For those who never noticed, I actually mispronounced a few words. Surprisingly, I didn't have butterflies in my stomach throughout the whole day.. Initially,I was indeed surprised when Puan Masz told me that they chose me as the official emcee of the school. This is because I do not have a superb command of both the English and Malay language.. So, why me?? Anyway, i really appreciate the honour the school gave me and this is a good public speaking practice for me.. So, why not?? However, being an emcee is not a piece of cake.. You have got to run around the school searching for the next speaker... In a nutshell, I have to go now.. I have piles and piles of homework to be completed before the deadlines... Bye.. :) Life goes on..................

No comments: